The time has come for you to put in the final touches for your business, at last, you have become your own boss. With these accents of freedom and liberty comes an air of confusion, now what?
The world of business in today’s day and age is all about the online presence and e-commerce marketing. Often, when starting your business, you’re never quite sure which marketing tools to choose.
Lucky, this article is here to make your e-commerce marketing journey easier by introducing you to the nature of e-commerce marketing and the best way to get your customers engaged.
Let’s Talk About E-commerce Marketing
It’s the online form of marketing that acts as a highway to your online store. All your products and overall brand awareness are increased with e-commerce marketing and take your customer to exactly where they need to be. Exactly what you want, right?
E-commerce is an all-encompassing marketing tool that makes use of social media, digital content, articles and more to get your customers engaging with your business.
All you need to get going is your marketing strategy.
Let’s get to it.
E-commerce Marketing Strategies
Your E-commerce marketing strategy is all about how you’re going to change your target audience from potential to actual customers. This online-business plan must include marketing goals and objectives to establish a long-term approach.
Two of the most important steps in E-commerce marketing strategies are setting goals and breaking down your plan into bite-size pieces.
You have to know what you want in order to achieve. This could include the number of customers who open your website or the overall amount of sales you make in a set period of time. Make these goals realistic, too. That brings us to the next point…
Break Your Goals Up Into Workable Steps
Your goals need to be broken into bite-size pieces in order for them to work. If you break down your goals into workable steps, you’re more likely to build bigger picture achievements. Let’s say you’re looking to increase the traffic to your website, try increasing your social media presence or working on your SEO skills!
Learning E-commerce Marketing
Yes, you can.
In the beginning, it might all seem to be a bit much or unattainable. But like all good things, understanding will come with time. You can learn the in’s and out’s of e-commerce marketing and blossom your business!
We are here to make your learning journey easier. The following resources are here to help you refine your new skillset:
- Look through our Marketing and Promotion tab in our blog.
- Have a listen to the Ecwid E-commerce Show to get the inside scoop.
- Subscribe to our Oxxle newsletter for every resource we have to make you that much more proficient.
Promoting your E-commerce Business
There are many ways to drive traffic to your new E-commerce business, here are a few resources you can use.
Content marketing for beginners
Content marketing is how you get customers attention. You do this by creating and sharing interesting content for free to grab their attention. This can take the form of articles, videos, social-media posts and more
If you’re the owner of a self-defence business, you can upload a free video to show-off your skillset to attract potential customers. Seeing is believing.
The best way to grab attention is through your business’ site ranking in google or other search engines.
Let’s learn how:
- Keywords are paramount: You need to have keywords in your content to have it rank on search engines. Use keywords that are useful in your particular industry so that your site will come up when a customer is searching within your field. Tools like Google Keyword Planner exist to assist you with your SEO. Use them!
- Links connect them to you: Links are what gets you likes. Sprinkle your links on blogs, website forums and social media pages to create traffic to your E-commerce business. Links will make you rank higher in search engines!
- Posts must be a minimum of 600 words: To have your site rank, make sure that blog-posts or articles are a minimum of 600 words each. Remember to write according to your target audience and only post what you know they’ll enjoy.
- FAQ’s are a must: Have an FAQ page on your site, this will help attract users.
- Share it to the socials: We live in the era of social media. Have social media sharing buttons with your content to assist store visibility. The more social media presence, the more traffic!
If you use this type of advertising, you as the seller pay a flat-rate for each click. Here’s how to make it cost-effective:
Google is the best place to go or PPC advertising. Get started with Google Ads. It’s easy to use for beginners and can really teach you to stretch your buck!
Facebook Ads work well for the more general product market. Here, you can decide who will see your ads so that you may appeal to your target audience. It is however a bit more pricey.
Tackling PPC Advertising
Here are the best ways to go about PPC advertising:
- Lower your budget: Start with a low budget and experiment before you get too deep. This way you’ll know where to get the best value for your money. Remember that sometimes ads take time, experiment until you find a platform that’s right for you.
- Know your most successful campaigns: Use tracking codes to know which ads are bringing in the most sales! Check out this blog post about social media to learn a bit more.
Social Media Marketing Tips for Beginners
Social media is the language of the masses. Millennial much?
With its high user rate, social media is the best way to build a following for your online store. You just have to choose the right social platform for your business! Not sure which one to pick? Let’s summarise:
Facebook: The glove to fit nearly every business. With customizable marketing options and tracking tools, what more could you want? It also has a massive reach.
Instagram and Pinterest: Into the visuals? Time to call one (or both) of these home. Anything that needs to be seen must be on one of these platforms. That goes for clothing, jewellery, tattoos, you name it!
When you’ve made up your mind
Once you’ve chosen your platform, these are the steps you’re going to want to follow:
- Make a business page
- Write a good bio
- Plan your navigation and imagery
- Learn about using hashtags
- Plan your posts
Make sure that the content you post is useful! You want customers to engage, not run away. Think of starting give-away or sharing pictures to keep driving traffic to your business.